5 October 2023

A morning out to Derwent Reservoir - Duathlon (sort of) - Bike then Run

 


I am off today so decided to have a spin up to Derwent Reservoir. I have rode around the reservoir many times inc the Derwentside CC 10 mile TT. Them days have long gone now but thought I would take my gravel bike up and do some exploring on the tracks around the bottom end of the reservoir. There are a couple of gravel tracks joining up carparks and the stretch over the dam wall. Not very long but similar to the Lakeside way at Kielder. I did the road section on the top end of the reservoir and only seen one car. The weather was very mixed from heavy drizzle showers to light drizzle showers to dry and windy. 
All in 14 miles with just under 900ft of climbing. 



































Once back at the car park I changed into my running gear and set off on the same lakeside way track I rode along earlier to the dam head, along the full length, turned and headed back. 5K on the nose with 105ft of climbing. It was slow going as my legs were still sore off yesterdays run. The weather picked up and the sun even tried to get out. Once back I changed again and put my new stove on and boiled some water for a cuppa and had a read of Cyclist magazine whilst it was cooling down. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 


No comments:

Post a Comment