19 October 2023

650b/27.5" Tyre swapping session inc Update on WTB Sendero's

 


A few blogs posts back I mentioned that I had bought a pair of WTB Sendero 650b x 47mm TCS tyres. I fitted them on to my DT SWISS wheelset and they seated and aired up first time. I set them up tubeless with Stans sealant. The rims were all ready set up tubeless from the factory. I have used the same wheels with numerous different tyre brands and models and not had any real problems. The day after I checked the tyres and they were both completely flat, not 1psi in either of them. I added some more sealant, spun them around, shacked them etc and aired back up. There was no signs of any leaking sealant apart from a few dots coming through on the side walls. When I fitted the tyres you could see through the side walls when you held them up to daylight. Three hours later they were completely flat again. I tried all sorts but they would just not hold air. 









I moved my Pirellis onto my spare set of 650b wheels and they seated, aired up first time and were still holding air the next day. 



I decided to take the WTB tyres off and clean them out then package them back up for return. I looked out my old Conti's but one was worn out with a few plugs in it so that was binned. I found a new spare Conti RaceKing so fitted that to the front wheel. Again it seated and aired up first time. I used the same sealant in both tyres and I now have my 650b wheelset rolling again. 



I also decided to take off my Pirellis from my 700c wheelset and put to one side for the winter. I re fitted my wider Panaracer Gravel Kings which I have not used for a while. Again no problems airing up, setting or massively leaking air







So I took the WTB tyres back and swapped them inc extra cash for some Panaracer Gravel King + 650b x 47mm tyres. I am not going to fit these until next year when we get some dry and dusty trails again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment