8 October 2023

Catch up inc Fresh Goodies - WTB Sendero 650b x 47mm tyres & 5k trail run

 


As the weather has now changed into Autumn I need to swap my Pirelli summer tyres back over onto my spare set of 650b/27.5" wheels and put some winter tyres on to my DT Swiss 650b wheel set. I have been using Continental Cross Kings 2" last couple of winters and had no real problems with them. One tyre is worn out and needs binning so I was going to buy another one and put the less worn one on the front as the rear tyre wears off a lot quicker on the Creo. I normally pay around £30 inc p&p each for them. 

I did start to look for something different but rrp on tyres now a days is just unreal and there was no real good bargains. Some were up to £90 per tyre! 

So I had a look through to Cycle Art / The Bicycle Repair Man / Ex Giant Newcastle at Prudhoe and they had a pair of WTB Sendero 650b x 47mm TCS Tan wall tyres in stock which must have been removed from a new bike as there was no packaging (not like the photo above). These are an old tyre now but Hotlines still import them with an rrp of £50 each. Mark was not in but another very helpful lad said £30 for the pair so bought them. They have very thin sidewalls so hopefully the rocks will keep away and on lines reviews say they can leak like a sieve when set up tubeless.  Well I decided to have a swap around yesterday with tyres / wheelsets etc and have them fitted now. Not been out yet so cannot comment on them but they did air up first time on the rims and I used Stans sealant, more on this in todays Fresh Goods Sunday at 4pm. More on these in a Fresh Goods Sunday in the comes weeks. 





The weather was crap again this morning so me and Jane decided to go for another 5k trail run. This will be my fourth run in seven days now. I was feeling rough so planned a lovely flat route with no road crossing, all off road along the old railway line from Digger Land at Langley Park. There was a few others out but not that many. My legs and lungs were not feeling it and found it hard going. There was only 61ft of climbing and did it in 34 min 45 seconds. Still not had a chance to bed in my new Inov 8 trainers yet so used my old worn out New Balance ones. Talking about that we went back to the factory outlet yesterday at Crook as Angus wanted a look around as he was not working. He spent a few bob on a couple of things 

No comments:

Post a Comment