16 October 2023

I am back and out on the bike in the sun enjoying the Derwent Walk railway line

 


Apologies for the lack of blogs recently but I have been struck down with man flu! Totally wiped off my feet for days but yesterday I felt slightly better so me and Jane had a drive over to South Shields for a lovely early morning walk along the beach. There was not too much wind and the sun was lovely on the coast with some big waves. We had a cuppa and a look around the market which was under the shelter on the seafront. This was followed by a walk up the town for some shopping and a breakfast in Morrisons cafe. 
Today my ribs are not killing and I can feel my head again so thought I would sling my leg over my Creo gravel for a very steady spin up the old railway line from Rowlands Gill to Hownsgill n back. Its a steady climb all the way up but the sun was blazing away and no head wind. I had the power on the middle setting to ease my lungs but my heart rate was still sky high. The descent back down was fantastic with one really grumpy dog walker shouting at me for going too fast past him, I checked my Garmin 6mph! Below are a few snaps from the 18 mile route with 950ft of climbing, enjoy and hopefully a few more rides to ease me back into the swing this week. 





Oh I have an update on my new WTB 650b tyres - rubbish but more on that in an up coming blog. I am back onto my Conti's again inc a new RaceKing on the front. 









There is a new e bike shop opened up on the outskirts of Consett just off the track at Fawcetts Park area, not been over but its brand spanking new building / shop. 







No comments:

Post a Comment