9 October 2023

A straight forward out n back on the C2C line in the heat

 


Not a clue what is happening with the weather recently but when I was out at work this morning early doors it was 16 degrees before 7am, crazy then the forecasters and saying possible ground frost middle to back end of the week. Anyway it was a straight forward route today, hoped onto the C2C and straight up to Consett / Whitehall carpark and back down. The lines were still wet and muddy in places from the heavy overnight rain. I had a fairly strong headwind nearly all the way up which was putting a sting in my legs, flying back down though! I didnt think I would have to dig out my shorts and short sleeved top again this year but I am not complaining. The Garmin was reading around 18 degress. There was a few others out and about but not too bad. The sun even came out for a couple of very short periods. I took the Specialized Creo and it still has its 700c wheel set on with summer tyres! about time I got them swapped over to my wider Gravel Kings for the winter  months. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment