22 October 2023

Fresh Goods Sunday - Mountain Equipment Mens Senja Jacket

 


With the recent cold snap we are having I thought it would be a good time to post this Fresh Goods Sunday blog on my "puffa" down jacket. Many moons ago I bought a North Face jacket which was half price at the time (end of winter season) and it has never been off my back every winter when it is cold and dry. The down was getting tired and flat so thought I would have a look for a new one. The rrp on North Face has just gone through the roof the last few years so decided to look at Mountain Equipment. I wear their outdoor winter trousers every day for work and walking / going out when its wet and cold on a weekend. I also bought another spring / autumn jacket by Mountain Equipment and was blown away how good it preforms. I bought this jacket last year when it was coming to the end of season and they selling them off. It is very similar to my old North Face but this one has a hood which comes in handy. It has two big hand pockets on the front, one inner zipped pocket, velcro arm adjustment and two hem draw chords. It comes with its own stuff sack to pack the jacket down when going away. The 700 fill has been warm enough for me layered up with layers underneath. The rrp has gone up to £230 now but it was £210 when I bought it. They have also changed the colours for this season. The rpp is steep but the quality is there and as ever shop around at the end of winter / beginning of spring next year and you will get a bargain. 

RRP £230 and I paid £140 from Cotswold Outdoors (then reduced further to £120). Discount 39%

Manufacturers Blurb - 

A warm and resilient down jacket giving high levels of warmth with low weight and pack size.

Combining a lightweight construction with the weather resistance and durability of our DRILITE® Loft 40D fabric, the Senja is light and packable enough for remote journeys but with the features required for long term use. It’s the ideal insulation for trekking and mountaineering in cold conditions.

  • DRILITE® Loft 40D outer fabric; totally windproof and highly water resistant
  • 220g (Size L) of Pure Down with a minimum content of 90/10 700 fill power
  • Stitched-through baffle construction throughout
  • Adjustable Mountain HC Hood
  • 2-way YKK® moulded centre front zip
  • 2 zipped hand warmer pockets















No comments:

Post a Comment