9 October 2022

Sunday morning Durham Villages Road route & Fresh Goods delivery- 45nrth Greazy Cap

 


After a day out a glorious day out at sunny Berwick Upon Tweed yesterday I was feeling tired this morning, but the sun was out again, so I jumped onto my road Creo for one of the regular road rides around Durham's surrounding villages. Ii was cold to say the least with the Garmin hovering around 4 degrees and only got up to 6 degrees on the way back in. The wind was a bugger as well just to make it feel even colder, but the sun kept me going. I had to get back home sharpish as I had loads of jobs to get on with so did not stop for many photos, so apologies for that. The roads and country lanes were lovely and quiet but nearly every set of traffic lights i hit were on red for some reason. Apart from that my legs felt fine and did the 31.5mile loop 1hr 58 mins with an average speed of 15.9mph and 2000ft of climbing. Below are the few snaps that I did take, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 








I also had a delivery this week from the Bikemonger in Ripon. I have a very old 45nrth Greazy cap and comes out every Autumn through to Spring. I thought it was time for a new one so ordered it online. The comments / ratings / feedback are right. The material has changed and is alot thinner and nowhere near as warm / windproof. On the plus side the drops on the sides are lower at the ears. More on this in Fresh Goods Sunday after more chilly rides over the coming months. 




No comments:

Post a Comment