16 October 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - Shimano SM-SH11 SPD - SL Cleats (6 Degrees float)

 


Following on from last week's Fesh Goods Sunday - Shimano Dura Ace SPD - SL pedals they come with a pair of blue cleats which have 2 degrees of float. 
Shimano have three different coloured cleats - 
SH10 Red - fixed position with no float for complete efficiency and ridged form. 
SH12 Blue - 2 degrees of float for a balance of comfort and efficiency. 
SH11 Yellow - 6 degrees of float for comfort, ideal for riders whose feet move naturally during their pedal stroke. 
My Time IClic cleats which I have been using for a lot of years now have 5 degrees of float so thought I would go for the yellow option so would have an additional 1 degree of float. I bought a pair of cleats when I put an order in for a second pair of Shimano SPD - SL pedals for my Cannondale Synapse Neo bike. I fitted these cleats to my Sidi road shoes without any problems. All I used was a good quality 5mm allen key and some copper grease for the new bolts, I had them swapped over in less than 5 minutes. The old bolts were easy to come out as I always fill the threaded nut holes on the soles with plenty of grease and also grease the threads on the bolts so they are less likely to seize which is a pain in the butt. 
The cleats that come with the second pair of pedals were the yellow cleats so I fitted them to my Northwave winter road boots. I have yet to try them out to see if they need any adjustment on the sole. After a few rides on the Dura Ace pedals with my Sidi shoes, I can report they did not need any adjustment and clicking in and out was very easy and going by past history of Shimano road cleats they should last a lot longer than Time cleats, unless they have changed the type of plastic used. The rrp is eye watering for lumps of plastic, 6 slotted washers and 6 bolts but as ever shop around as they are widely available

RRP £21 and I paid £11.37 from Sigma Sports inc 48hr p&p - 46% discount

Manufactures Blurb - 
The rigidity rate is designed for a perfect match with SHIMANO SPD-SL pedals. This cleat has the appropriate shape for SPD-SL pedals.
The walkable design has blue/yellow/red ground contact points to prevent wearing out of the cleat part which engages with the pedal.
Link HERE













More soon on Fresh Goods Sunday - Shimano PD - RS500, cheapo pedals which I have fitted to my Cannondale Synapse Neo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment