10 October 2022

Road ride around upper Weardale inc Burnhope Reservoir.

 


I was in upper Weardale today so it would be rude not to get a ride in the sun! I parked up at St Johns Chapel on the way back home and headed for the hills, well what is flat in Weardale. I have been looking at a few country back lanes on maps for a while now that I have never ridden so today was the day to start exploring a couple of them. One was up to Burnhope Reservoir, by god it was windy up there in fact the whole ride was windy but had a tailwind all down the valley main road from Daddry Shield to Stanhope. On the downside I had a massive 20+mph headwind all the way back to St Johns Chapel from Stanhope along the back road. There was very little traffic on the roads and I went for miles without seeing a sole. Below are a few snaps from the 23.5mile loop with 2200ft of climbing. Also there is a short video clip at the bottom of the blog, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 
































No comments:

Post a Comment