17 October 2022

Another very windy but sunny ride from Bearpark to Fawcett Park n back along the old railway line.

 


Yet another very windy but sunny local gravel ride in Co Durham. Today's ride was a lovely simple out n back along the old railway line from Bearpark to Fawcett Park. The first few miles were wet and muddy with some big puddles the full width of the track after the heavy overnight rain again. The further I went up towards Consett the drier the track was getting, less mud and less big puddles as well. There were quite a few others out n about enjoying the sun, don't blame them. My lovely clean gravel Creo was up the eyes by the time I got back and so was I. I think it's time to dig my winter Northwave mtb boots out of the garage and give them a dust down. Saying that it did not feel that cold today, Garmin was reading around 11 degrees. Below are a few sunny snaps from the 25 mile ride with 1100ft of climbing and a short video clip at the bottom of the blog. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 













This tree must have come down when I was up at Consett, not there on the way up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment