14 October 2022

Local loop taking in some of Co Durham's old railway lines - Freezing cold then sunny & hot

 


Well after a few days off the bike I was ready for another ride today. Yesterday's weather was fantastic all day but only managed a walk for just over an hour, still nice to get out and enjoy Autumn before winter lands. Today I took the Specialized Creo (gravel set up) out for a local loop taking in mostly old railway lines of Co Durham. The forecast was for 9 degrees early morning but not sure where that was as my Garmin was reading 3 degrees before sunrise, not there was much of one as it was cloudy. In fact it felt rather cold with the gentle breeze but once I climbed up to Stanley Crook the sun came out of no where. Once I had dropped down the other side to Crook the temperature shot up to 8 degrees, very strange indeed. Anyway, the road section to Willington was still quite as the rush hour traffic had not started, not there is much of a rush hour coming out of Crook! I did turn left at the Coop but changed my mind and turned right and off on my Bishop / Spenny loop before picking the line back up to the Bransden. From there it was a gentle spin back. There was a few others out and about but not many. All in 35 miles on the nose with 1800ft of climbing. Enjoy the few snaps below and hopefully more soon. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment