30 October 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - GTB GTGP03R Lock On Handlebar Grips : Black / Red

 


When we were over in the lakes earlier on in the year we had a walk around Ambleside so I called in past Gyhillside Cycles. I have been after a replacement pair of grips for my Cube e mtb for a while. I did not want to spend too much on them and these caught my eye. The bike has some red parts on it so thought these would match. Getting the old Cube grips off was a little tuff going as there was oxidisation between the original grips and the handlebars. Once they were removed I cleaned up handlebars and slipped on the new ones. These have two lockrings per grip and nip up easily. These are the first set of grips I have used with lockrings on both ends. After a couple of rides I caught the end of the grip on a tight bridge crossings and the bar end plug and lockring come flying off. I found the lockring but the plug was long gone. Once back home I fitted a new plug and refitted the lockring. The rubber grip part is comfortable and grippy enough even in the rain. I am not a fan of lockrings on the outer end of the grip. The next time I will go back to grips with one inside lockring. The red anodising is coming off where the end ring has been caught on walls etc. They are ok value for money, just not keen on the outer lockring design element. 

RRP £8.99 and I paid £12.00 from Gyhillside Cycles, Ambleside. 

Manufacturers blurb - 128mm, Black Rubber with coloured locking rings

Set includes 2x Grips and 2x End Plugs

Barcode: 5055786110875

SKU: GTGP03R









No comments:

Post a Comment