18 October 2022

Maiden / Shake down ride on the new Trek Procaliber 9.8 Hardtail XC MTB

 


Well, its it has been a good few years since I have ridden a non electric xc hardtail mtb, but today was my new bikes maiden / shake down ride. I ended up buying the Trek Procaliber 9.8 with the fanciest paintjob I have ever had on a frame. I will do a blog on the new bike soon but I have swapped a few parts with ones I had spare and the bike is down to 22.15lbs! Also since todays ride I have cut down the cowhorn width handlebars to a more normal wide for me and put the Garmin mount on top of the stem temporary until the proper mount comes into stock. 
Anyway, it was a steady away ride just to check everything was ok on the bike. I have the tyre pressures too high in both tyres, I also have the air pressure too high in the Fox forks as well. I will drop all of them for the next time I take it out. The rest seem to be adjusted / angled ok. As for the ride it was down to Durham City centre in the sun then over to Maiden Castle missing out the loop around the river. I also did not cross over into Houghall woods today. The bike is like a rocket on the tarmac sections with the fork locked out compared to the Cube e bike. On the other hand, it is considerably slower going up the hills lol. The return leg was via Frankland dog kennels and The Sands and The Carrs. All in 13.50 miles with 700ft of climbing. If this does not get me fitter well back to a gym. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 















No comments:

Post a Comment