23 October 2022

Hamsterley Forest 10k Trail Run (not by me!)

 


This was a last minute decision by Angus to enter the 10k trail run at Hamsterely Forest. Not cheap, just under £25 but it was a fully marked, marshalled route, feed station, first aid and a medal / goodie bag at the end and free carparking for 3 hours. It was an early start, he picked me up and my mtb up at 7.15am, it was pitch black and misty but dry. I thought the midges would have gone by now but they were out in force at the visitor centres end. The race started ta 9am with the 10k and 5k all setting off together. It was a flattish route on the way out with a big climb in the middle then a lumpy start on the return leg but flat at the end. Angus did well apart from nearly seeing his two Weetabix he had for breakfast half way up the big climb! I counted him through and should have got 14th place. I plodded around on my new Trek Procaliber 9.8 and took some photos - see below and hopefully more soon- 





















No comments:

Post a Comment