29 October 2022

A dark early morning spin around Durham on the Trek Procaiber 9.8 before the rain starts

 


I was up and into the garage fitting my lights to the Trek early this morning as the forecast was for lashing rain from 9am onwards. Daylight does not come through until 8ish so the first half of the ride was in the dark as I set off after 7am. I fitted my Lupine Betty 7 up front and my Lezyne strip drive led on the rear. As ever my old Lupine turns night into day but I forgot to put my Exposure Sirus light on my helmet but I did fit my small back front Lezyne led front light as I did not have time to charge the Lupine battery. It was my usual loop dropping down into Durham, around the riverbanks and out to Maiden Castle. A loop of the river then over to The Trod, up and down and back around Durham before a loop up to Frankland, The Sands, through Newton Hall and a loop around The Carrs then back home. I did not need my back up light and all was good. All in 15 miles with 650ft of climbing in the overcast / cloudy dark cool weather. Below are a few snaps from the ride but as ever the camera does not like the dark and at speed shots. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 












No comments:

Post a Comment