1 January 2024

New Years Day local road ride - cold and windy but sunny

 


Hope you have all had a lovely Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I have not been out on the bike since my last blog post, the weather has been crap and lack of motivation again! We have been away for a few days in North Yorkshire - Harrogate, Thirsk & Helmsley. First day was the weather was canny and made a huge difference but it was back to normal the second day, lashing down the whole day. Yesterday we went to the railway museum at Shildon to see the Flying Scotsman - now that is an impressive lump of metal close up. 
We don't celebrate the New Year so I was looking at some old routes on my Garmin to see if I could get  a road route roughly planned in my head. The forecast was dry and sunny but again a stiff wind. there was  no sun rise and it was overcast and miserable looking out through the window. I stopped in bed for a while longer and the sun came out so I dragged my arse out. I did not do the route I had planned in my head so did a shorter local one instead. It was not warm even with the sun and the wind was killing my lungs on the way out. The roads were quite busy with traffic, not like the old days. I bumped into Tony Fawcett (Nowt Daft - YouTube) walking Buddy his dog and aka the lovely Alison. Not spoke to Tony for a good few years but his last video inspired me to get back out on the road bike today to be honest. All in just under 22miles in 1hr 30 mins with 1700ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 








No comments:

Post a Comment