5 January 2024

Todays ride on my original Specialized Creo gravel might be my last ride on it.

 


It has been a busy week one way or another and this is first time I have managed to get out on the bike since New Years Day. I decided on one of my regular mainly off road loops taking in two of Co Durham's old railways lines. As you would expect with the recent storms and near continuous rain the tracks are up the naff's to say the least. Just as well I bought and fitted the new Ass Saver Win Wing 2 rear mud guard. This was its first outing and it had a real good testing. What can I say, probably the best clip on mudguard I have ever bought over my 40+ years of cycling. It does not rub on the tyre / wheel. doesn't make any noise. You cannot tell you have it fitted and the back of my jacket did not have one spot of mud, unreal. Also it was the first ride since I have swapped the rear mech inner and outer cable and you can tell its Shimano's best cable kit - Dura Ace. Back to super smooth shifting up and down the cassette. Th tension needs a half turn of the barrel and jobs a good'un. Also first time out with the new Cannondale bar tape. Still cannot get over over how bright the blue is! Back to the ride, there was a few others out but not many. The weather was overcast, no wind, no rain but misty in places. The Garmin dropped to near 0 degrees so it did not feel warm in any way shape or form. 
As the title states this could be the last ride on my original Creo which is set up for gravel. I have had the 2019 model for four years now and covered 6350 miles on it. The battery and motor have never let me down once and the health check on the battery is still 100%. When I was out on todays ride I cannot believe just how enjoyable / comfortable the bike is. Out of all the bikes I have owned over the many years of cycling this has been by far the best bike I have ridden. I cannot fault it in any way apart from the mud clearance is a little tight on the forks with a 2" tyre fitted. Yes I know there is not many original components left on it apart from the GRX 11 speed shifters / rear mech and stem. I have swapped the saddle, seatpost, wheels, disc rotors, tyres, handlebars, bar tape, crank arms, chain and cassette.  
More soon in an up coming Blog as to what is going to replace the old girl. 
Below is a few photos from todays ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 



















No comments:

Post a Comment