14 January 2024

A local spin on the Trek Marlin+ e MTB - Durham, Houghall & Maiden Castle

 


I was not out n about on my bike until later this morning so decided to have a spin around my local mtb loop down to Durham, over to Maiden Castle, a very muddy loop around Houghall woods then back home via The Trod, Frankland, The Sands and The Carrs. Durham was very busy with students and dog walkers etc so it was very stop / start but the sun had come out so made the ride a lot more enjoyable. The Garmin was hovering around 1 to 2 degrees and there was a biting cold stiff wind on the way back home. The Trek was going well with the new carbon riser bars and Shimano XT 4 pot brakes. I have to change the grips as they are too thin for my liking but apart from that it is more or less done, oh I have a KMC X12 silver / black chain to fit. All in just under 16 miles in 1 hr 30 mins with 900ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon including this afternoons Fresh Goods Sunday - on my new Specialized Creo 2 bike. 














No comments:

Post a Comment