17 January 2024

A Cold Minus -7 degrees icy ride on the C2C to Consett

 


The freeze continues and has not got much above zero degrees so everything is pretty much frozen solid now. Last night we had some snow / sleet and then it froze over night making a right old mess today with sheet ice everywhere.  It was a case of a short and very steady spin up and down the old railway line / C2C to Consett. I only seen one other bike out and he was taking it steady as well! I managed to stay upright so that was a positive. Another positive is was sunny in places but on the negative the Garmin was reading nearly minus -7 degrees! My water bottle was frozen and I did not have thick enough winter leggings on, my legs were stinging with cold coming back down. I was ok on the top half as I had my Gore LS fleecy winter jersey, Gore Softshell jacket then my Gore winter jacket and it was just right lol. No problems with the bike and it was working spot on in the cold. No slow shifting on the battery Sram AXS. Below are a few photos from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 


















No comments:

Post a Comment