20 January 2024

A very cold and windy early morning local road ride - Cannondale Synapse Neo / Tow Law way

 


I have not managed to get out on the bike for a couple of days, I was up early this morning so dragged my old Cannondale  Synapse Neo out for a spin. I have this bike set up for winter / wet road riding so was ideal for todays conditions. The ride started off in mild temperature compared to the last few rides, 4 degrees but that soon changed once I was out of Meadowfield heading for Brancepth, Willington then Crook I had a massive headwind and the temperature started dropping. I was hoping to get out to Wolsingham but once I passed through the crossroads at Crook I turned right and headed for the hills. By the time I got out of Stanley Crook you could hardly stand up, there was near gale force gusts and baltic cold. I kept plugging away all the way through Tow Law where I turned right and then I had a massive tailwind from there. The roads were reasonably quiet and only a couple of close passes. All in just under 34 miles in 2hrs 20mins with 2700ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride and a couple of short video clips, enjoy and hopefully more soon if the forecasted rain keeps off. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment