15 January 2024

Finally a none muddy ride - frozen and sunny up the old railway lines to Consett / Hownsgill on the Creo 2

 


First ride in many weeks / months where it has not been a total slop feast, finally had a hard overnight frost and the winter sun came out. I could not miss a ride with the lines frozen solid so had a spin up to Consett crossroads junction, then turned left and up to Whitehall picnic carpark. By now the 30+ gusty wind had my lungs well and truly puffing away. I turned at this point and headed back down at great speed as I now had a tailwind. I was 15 minutes quicker coming back down than going up! The Garmin dipped to minus -4 degrees, I had plenty of layers on so did not feel the cold too much. There was only a couple of wet sections where it had not froze but the bike and myself were clean for a change. We will have to wait and see if the forecasted snow comes down as far as Co Durham from Scotland later in the week. All in 22 miles in 1hr 41 mins with 900ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride and a short video clip, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 


New KMC E12 gold chain looking very bling! Works perfect on Sram AXS groupset. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment