27 January 2024

Early morning local blast on my old rebuilt Specialized Creo 1 gravel bike

Up and out early'ish this morning for a longer local loop. I finished setting up my old Creo 1 gravel bike again after stripping parts / components off it for my Creo 2. I was thinking about selling it but I have put my DT Swiss 700c wheelset on with Gravelking tyres for off road loops that have more tarmac sections in / summer , bone dry and dusty trails! It is nice to be back out on old faithful again, she never misses a beat. The bike is way faster than my Creo 2 with the 29"/700c x 2.1" tyres! 
This mornings loop was down the cycle track / A167 to Chester Le Street then onto the C2C old railway line at Birtley. From there it is up all the way to Hownsgill junction where I turned left and back down to Baxters Farm. Then its road back through Crossgate Moor, Whitesmocks, Framwellgate Moor & Pity Me. Again it was not warm with the Garmin hovering around 3 degrees for most of the ride and still a stiff 25mph headwind in places. The overnight rain made the road sections and line damp on the top in many places. There was not that many others out but the roads were busy with traffic. Below are a few snaps from the 35 miles in 2hrs 34min with an average speed of 13.7mph and only 1400ft of climbing but feels like more! Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 













No comments:

Post a Comment