9 January 2024

A less muddy shakedown number 2 ride to Roker, Sunderland n back

 


After the last few rides in total slop feast conditions I had a change of plan today for a drier section of old railway line. I joined onto the C2C at South Pelaw / Lambton Worm and headed down towards Sunderland. There was only a couple of muddy sections through the woods and the last section towards the A19 junction which has some massive deep puddles. The bike was still covered in mud but not as much! I reduced the power percentage on the app last night for Eco and Sport settings, see the photos at the bottom of the blog. With the cassette having a much larger range compared to my older 11 speed / 44t I don't need to use Turbo so much and when I do it is for shorter durations. The downside to the larger cassette is the big jumps between gears near the middle going up to the 50t. The bike went well again and had no problems. The motor is smooth in the power delivery and very quiet across all three power modes. 
There was a few other people out and about but Roker was very quiet. There was a baltic strong wind coming in straight off the north sea! I had a quick cuppa but it was that cold I just wanted to head back up the line. There are two diversions in place, the section just before you go under the Wearmouth bridge and the section in front of the glass centre is closed. The glass and dog dodo was not too bad today for a change on the last part heading to Sunderland, pleasant surprise to be honest. I had a headwind all the down and a tailwind coming back up. All in 27.5 miles in 2hrs 19 min with 1300ft of climbing. I had 44% battery left for reference. Below are a few cold looking snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 




































Factory standard settings


My tuned settings, 10% less than my Creo 1 settings

No comments:

Post a Comment