26 December 2023

Mancave time on my Gravel Creo - Dura Ace Gear Cable / Cannondale bar tape & some Fresh Goodies - KMC / Fenwicks / Muc Off / Shimano etc

 


My box of spares / goodies from Berwick Cycles landed just before Christmas. It is mostly items for spare parts tubs but I will probably fit the chain to the Trek Marlin+ but might wait until the existing Shimano chain stretches a bit more. All items were 50% off. 


Onto my Creo gravel - I decided to swap the rear gear outer and inner cable and was not too bad to swap. I did not have to take the motor or the battery and just managed to get away with alot of pulling / pushing some good luck mixed in. I have set up the indexing and had a spin around the block and the gears feel alot smoother. After a few rides when the cable settles in and stretches some I will readjust the rear mech. 


I also decided to swap the bar tape at the same time as I had one side half stripped back anyway, I bought this Cannondale tape a while ago and thought the blue would match the bike but it is far too bright and does not look right! I can either swap it to black or a darker blue or just leave it to get dirty and tone down in brightness / colour after time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment