21 December 2023

Update - Cyclefix and Berwick Cycles Closing Down. Restrap Canister bar bag repair, Dura Ace gear cable set & Ass Savers Win Wing 2 mudguard

 


This is more of an update blog today. Cyclefix cycle shop at Birtley is closing down and Scott is shutting his doors this week. Tim from Berwick Cycles is also closing down, all stock is half price - 50% off and they can post out items. He hasn't managed to sell the business so is closing his doors on Saturday and retiring. 
Further to the south of the region I never did report on NRG going into receivership and closing their door very suddenly. Godleys Cycles was rammed raided by a car and has destroyed the whole of the shop front and caused damage to a lot of stock. Just hope Paul bounces back and his insurance pays out and reopens soon. 
Attacus Cycle Clothing has also sold up with new owners down the country. On a whole the industry is really struggling and I cannot see it improving anytime soon.  




This week I have had a couple of new goodies arriving, firstly a Shimano Dura Ace gear cable set from SDJ Sports £16.69 inc 48hr p&p, rrp £44.99. This is going onto my Specialized Creo which is set up for gravel - GRX 11 speed. I only need the full outer and rear inner cable. The shifting is starting to get a little sluggish as the bike is still running the same outer from the factory. I replaced the inner when the cable head snapped off inside the shifter. It will not be an easy job as it is one full length going down inside the downtube where the battery is, around the motor and out the end of the rear chainstay to the mech. I will have to strip the bar tape back on the right side so will have to tackle this job when I have some spare time. Hopefully this will improve the speed / smoothness of the shirting. 


I also ordered in a Ass Saver Win Wing 2 gravel rear mud guard £22.99 from Insipiral Cycles @ Bishop Auckland. It arrived in the shop in a couple of days and only took 5 mins or so to fit. More on this after a few wet rides! 


I finally have an update on my Restrap Canister bag which I returned under there Lifetime Guarantee. I posted it on the 1st Dec via Royal Mail and it arrived at Leeds on the 11th Dec. Yes the Royal Slug took 10 days to transport a parcel 86 miles away, unreal! I did not hear from Restrap so dropped there customer service department an email on Tuesday 19th December which they replied to stating the bag had been repaired and was on the advisors desks waiting to be posted back to me but wanted my address. Strange as I had put this on the returns form but anyway. They missed the post collection on Tuesday so hopefully went on the royal mail van yesterday Wednesday 20th Dec. It has not arrived yet and I unsure what they have done to the bag so will have to wait and see. I will do an update after the postie has banged on our door. 
Enjoy and hopefully more soon including a ride if the wind ever dies down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment