24 December 2023

Another very windy but warm local ride around Durham on the Trek Marlin+

 


Another day and another early morning ride. I was up and out early doors again doing a very similar loop to yesterday but with a few tweaks here and there. Again the temperature was high for this time of year and even warmer than yesterday. The Garmin was reading 11 degrees but stronger wind again. Todays gusts are going to top 54+mph but no rain. The tracks n trails are still mainly dry even though we had some overnight rain. Less people out n about this morning which is better for me, less slowing down / speeding up. I took my Trek Marlin+ e mtb again and it is going well. After changing a few parts / components from the factory standard it has vastly improved the bike for me. Another thing I need to swap is the grips. The Bontrgaer grips are too this for me and not comfortable on the old palms. I will swap them for something thicker and more comfortable, I will have to have a look through my spare grip box see what I have stashed away. 
All in 15.5 miles in 1hr 16 mins with less climbing 800ft as I did not go through Houghall woods. Below are a few dark snaps again, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 















No comments:

Post a Comment