10 December 2023

Catch up - Restrap Canister Bag, Specialized Creo / DT Swiss wheel, Cannondale Synapse Neo & Cyclist Magazine


Apologies for no Blogs for a while but I have just not been out on my bikes or jogging etc. I have had no motivation for a while now and again the recent weather has not helped one little bit. We are just not getting the sharp frosts followed by some lovely winter sun. 

Anyway I have a few updates which has happened over the last week or two. My Restrap Canister bar bag failed during my last ride on my Specialized Creo. I have had the bag fitted to my Creo since the day I bought it from Merlin Cycles. The Canister bag has served me well but one fault which I noticed straight away from day one was there was no loop to wrap around the headtube / cables to stop it from swinging up and down on bumpy ground, which has been added to version 2. After a while the foam spacers wore away and one broke which were between the straps and the bars which stopped the straps from rotating around. I was told by Restrap these were not covered under their Lifetime Warranty. You can purchase replacements in a pack of 4no for £5 + £2 p&p. I was not going to pay £7 to replace 2no spacers. Well one of the plastic buckles finally gave up and snapped. Now I double checked their terms and conditions again and this was covered under their Lifetime Warranty so the bag has been sent back. I have not heard anything from them since I posted it on the 1st Dec via the Royal Slug and guess what they still haven't managed to get it back to Yorkshire yet! 


I have had an on and off slow air leak from my DT Swiss 650b wheel since I have fitted my new Conti tyre. I noticed the valve core was starting to get gunked up and was not the best when I replaced the tyre. I stripped the tyre off and found a small hole in the rim tape so cleaned it all down and fitted a second layer of tubeless rim tape by Stans this time. I also decided to fit a pair of my new Peatys / Chris King tubeless 60mm valves that I got for £2 and it has held air perfectly since. 
I also washed, dried, lubricated and charged the old girl and she is ready for some more miles under her belt. 




And onto my Cannondale Synapse Neo. With all the recent crap weather the roads are just too bad for taking my road Creo out so I dragged out the old Dale and spent some time on her. 


I gave it a quick clean / knocked the dust off it. Aired up the tyres. Lubricated the drivetrain and it was already fully charged. I knew my disc pads were getting down on one set and it was the back ones. There was a few more miles / meat left on them but decided to change them anyway. I used up a pair of my older L03A versions and it only took a few minutes to swap over with the right tools. The brakes were also squealing like a pig so cleaned the discs but not sure if it is going to make much difference. 





I also removed my older lights and fitted my ones from my road Creo - Exposure Sirus up front and Lezyne Strip Drive LED rear.  Hopefully I will try and get out for a ride sometime next week between the forecasted none stop days of continuous rain again. 



Also when we were at Hexham last weekend I called in past WH Smiths and had a flick through the cycling magazines, what are left in publication! I bought the latest edition of Cyclist - 




Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 

No comments:

Post a Comment