17 December 2023

Fresh Goods Sunday - Gorewear Endure Jacket Neon Yellow (Mens)

 


I bought this jacket in the sale at the end of the last winter season so I did not have the opportunity to wear it a lot last season. I have started wearing it now with the recent crap weather so I have written this Fresh Goods Sunday blog. All my jackets are made by Gorewear apart from one Assos pertex. I have used them for many years now and never had any problems with them. This is the most waterproof jacket in my collection and only use it when I am on a 100% road ride. The reason is I don't want it to get up the naff's all the time with mud, I have other Gorewear jackets for that. This is the first jacket I have owned with a hood fitted and was unsure as to how it would feel / ride with a hood attached to the back of my neck. In all the times I have used the jacket so far I have never had the occasion to pull the hood over my helmet. It does not flap around in the wind which I thought it might and offers warmer protection around the back of my neckline compared to my other jackets. It has basic construction with two pockets to the front which I don't use as when on a road bike it is uncomfortable as you can feel what is in your pocket on the upper pedal stroke. It does not have a chest pocket which I really miss. There is no pockets to the rear either but the jacket does fold into one of the pockets as a pouch / bag which is a nice touch. The material is high wicking and waterproof in the showers I have been out in. The full length zipper is easy to use on the front. The material has a very lightweight feeling but also very noisy when you put it on and take it off. I haven't washed it so cannot comment on that side of things but it does dry out quickly when wet at room temperature. The cuffs have velcro adjustment and a draw chord around the hem which is adjustable. There is also a draw chord sewn into the top of the hood for adjustment. It has a dropped tail to offer more protection to your rear end and a few reflective logos / strips. The rrp is just way to much for what you get but as I always say shop around for a good bargain. I paid just over £150 which I think is good value for a jacket of this material / quality. 

RRP £249.99 and I paid £152.57 from Wiggle inc 48hr p&p Discount 39%

Manufacturers Blurb - 
  • GORE-TEX PACLITE® Plus - The two-layer unlined construction has a GORE-TEX membrane laminated to an abrasion-resistant outer face textile resulting in durable weatherproof protection. Exceptionally packable and lightweight, it comes with the GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY™ promise
  • Over-the-helmet hood - More adjustable protection from the elements to use on or off the bike
  • Front zipped pockets for storing valuables - Two front zippered pockets secure your essentials and are positioned slightly higher to improve backpack and hip bag compatibility
  • Waterproof: GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY™ promise
  • Totally windproof
  • Highly breathable
  • Quick-drying
  • Great packability with stow-away pocket
  • Slightly longer back
  • Pre-shaped elbows in a cycling position
  • Adjustable hem with drawcords inside pockets
  • Velcro closure sleeve cuff
  • Front zip with zipper garage prevents chafing at the neck
  • Zip tags for easy opening
  • Reflective details
  • Weight: 9.6 oz.
  • Lightweight Packable
  • Imported
  • Shell: 100% Polyester
    • Machine Wash Warm Delicate
    • Do Not Bleach
    • Tumble Dry Cool
    • Cool Iron
    • Dry Clean Petroleum Solvent Only, Delicate
















No comments:

Post a Comment