22 December 2023

Local ride down to Durham, Maiden Castle & Houghall Woods on Trek Marlin+ E Mtb

 


Well the wind has sort of died down and another positive note is the gales has dried out the tracks n trails lovely, apart from the deep muddy sections. I was up and out well before sunrise on my Trek Marlin+ E mtb for a spin around one of my local regular loops. Down and around Durham, then over to Maiden Castle, Houghall Woods, up The Trod, back around Durham, around Frankland, The Sands and normally The Carr's but the rain started on the way home so I cut the end short. It was not that cold with the Garmin hovering around 6 to 7 degrees. Yes it was still windy but no where nearly as strong as previous days. There was a few soles out n about but not many. I enjoyed the ride and called in past The Keep Barbers in Durham and spoke to my cousin who is flat out with Christmas hair cuts. All in just over 14.5 miles in 1hr 15mins with 900ft of climbing. Below are a few dark snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 













No comments:

Post a Comment