11 December 2023

A cold and very dark early morning road ride around Hamsterley / Woodland / Butterknowle

 


I was up and out after 5am this morning and had a drive over to Toft Hill and parked up. I took out my Cannondale Synapse Neo which has full mud guards fitted, ideal for the amount of standing and running water on the roads this morning. I fitted my Exposure Sirus front light yesterday but after some thought I moved the light from my bars to my helmet as a back up and fitted my Exposure Zenith to my bars instead. I had it on maximum power for most of the ride as it was pitch black and you could not see a hand in from of you. On the return leg the sky got slightly lighter. I forgot just hard it is riding in the dark as you cannot see too far in front as to what is coming like a climb. The wind was a killer in places mixed in with some fog/mist and just over 0 degrees but I had my new GoreWear Goretex jacket on so lovely and warm.  I did not see that many cars and was back to Toft Hill well before sunrise. All in just over 20 miles 1hr 24mins with 1600ft of climbing. 








No comments:

Post a Comment