8 February 2023

Specialized Creo -new Continental tyre, headset bearing & Assos Mille GT bib shorts

 


A week or so ago I noticed that the outer tread skin was bubbling away from the inner skin on my front tyre on my gravel creo. The Specialized tyre was old but still had some tread left on it. I did have a spare Conti CrossKing tyre for the rear as the tread was wearing low on the central tread section. I also have a spare Conti RaceKing tyre for the front wheel so thought it was time to fit some new rubber to the DT SWISS 650b / 27.5" wheels. I pulled off the old Conti rear tyre and set aside. I fitted the new Conti CrossKing with no problems and poured in the Stans sealant. It aired up first time with some washing up liquid on the beads. Now I was going to fit the RaceKing to the front but thought I would recycle the old rear tyre and fit it to the front wheel and keep the RaceKing for either later this year or next year. I have a slight egg on the front tyre so I will have to crack the bead and rub some washing up liquid on the area and air back up again. Apart from that the Conti's are rocking along. 







The headset on my older Specialized Creo that I have set up for gravel / off road was starting to feel rough on the lower race. I knew it was not going to be a simple job like a normal ahead set etc but I had to get a new bearing first. I called in past BikeScene on the way back from Whitby and they had plenty in stock, unbranded loose one and a packeted one from Hope. I have read up on how to change the bearing so just need a few hours to get the job done. 


I also called in past NRG Cycles on the way back from Whitby as they were having a sale inc their Assos range. I bought a new pair of  Bib shorts for the warmer months - 
MILLE GT caleumBlue rrp £115 and I paid £55 



No comments:

Post a Comment