9 February 2023

A dark and cold spin down to Durham & Maiden Castle n back

 


Yes it was time for another ride again. There was an overnight frost and the Garmin was reading nearly minus -1 degrees but it did not feel that cold on the way down to Durham. I had my USE Exposure head light on my helmet and that was just about enough but had to take it steady on the downhills. The tracks n trails were lovely and quiet in the dark. It has been a while since I have done this route but nothing has changed. The ground was lovely and dry as it was frozen but we have also no had any rain for a while. I took the Cube E mtb as I wanted a quick blast around and back. Once I reached the top of The Trod I could understand why I was not cold as I had a strong tailwind. Now I had the strong wind in my face nearly all the way home and it felt freezing! Just as I on my way to Frankland the sun rose and was beautiful. So i had the last mile and a bit mainly in the sun. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 

No helmet light on 

Helmet light on 


My camera does not like the dark











oh and seen the two dear the I sometimes see around Frankland farm / sewage works area

and off they go

No comments:

Post a Comment