14 February 2023

Cold & frosty spin up to Parkhead Station & Waskerley Reservoir

 


Yes another spin up to Parkhead Station on the C2C old railway line. The forecast was for + 4 degrees at Consett and it was minus -2 degrees when I left home. Well by the time I was say half way up the Waskerley it was minus -4 degrees so the forecast was well out, no surprise really. I had plenty of layers on and my winter gloves and boots. The line was frozen solid so mud or spray. The sun rise was struggling with the cloud and the mist but it eventually come through when I was one and half miles from Parkhead cafe. I was also attacked by a grouse on the open moor section, it flew straight at my back gave me a good old whack! On the way back down I missed that section out and dropped down to the reservoir to take some photos and back up the tarmac climb onto the line. I hardly seen a sole, not surprising considering it was very early and dark! Below are a few snaps from the 21 miles with 1100ft of climbing, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 






























No comments:

Post a Comment