19 February 2023

Fresh Goods Sunday - Clarke CMUS3 Mechanics' Utility Seat with 3 Drawer Tool Box


I have used Clarke products for a lot of years now and most of them have been reasonably good quality and last me a long time. They are sold by Machine Mart and we have a few branches in the North East of England- Gateshead, Darlington & Sunderland. This was a new seat that come out last year and thought I would treat myself, there was nothing wrong with my old Clarke seat that I have used for many years but the newer model has three drawers for storing some smaller tools. I am sure we were coming back up from a day out at Northallerton and called in past the one at Darlo. They had one on the shelf so coughed up and took it home. I passed on my old one onto Angus to for him to use in his garage / home. The only assembly required was fitting the four caster wheels. This model has a lot less flex in the seat as its fixed at the front edge. The drawers are spot on for keeping allen keys etc. The drawers are lovely and smooth and have a good click to lock them in place- shut. The small tray at the front is also handy. The rear can holder I don't use so much but there is three cut out for cans such as GT85 etc. As for the price well yes its expensive for a seat but it should last me for many more years to come. The only downside and is the same for all Clarke seats is that the foam padding under the vinyl is far too soft, could do with being a lot more firmer. 

RRP £107.98 and I paid £100.79 from Machine Mart (Darlo) 

The Clarke CMUS3 is a compact and robust multi-function seat, ideal for keeping tools to hand whilst working in a garage or professional workshop environment.

The CMUS3 rolling seat offers the comfort of a mechanic's utility seat with the added convenience of 3 ball-bearing drawers, a fitted side tray and 3 circular holders for aerosol cans or similar-sized containers.

Drawer Dimensions:
3 Drawers: 300x150x40mm

  • Compact and robust design
  • Soft & comfortable padded seat cushion
  • 4x swivel castors for manoeuvrability
  • 3x ball bearing drawers with soft foam base
  • Side tray for storing nuts and bolts during use


Technical specification

No. of castors4
Dimensions LWH400x400x400 mm
TypeMechanics' Utility Seat

 















No comments:

Post a Comment