20 February 2023

Specialized Creo Gravel - DT Swiss Wheel size swap + Cyclist Magazine


700c set up

If you follow my blog you will know I have just sorted out my tyres on the DT Swiss 27.5" wheelset but I was thinking about swapping back onto my DT Swiss 700c wheelset when I was descending back down the C2C from Parkhead last week. It has been a long time since I have used my 700c wheelset on my gravel Creo. I just love the 27.5" x 2" set up. Anyway I dragged them out of retirement and injected some fresh Stan's into the tyres and pumped them up. I have now put the 27.5” wheelset into storage for a while, see how I get on with the skinny 700c wheelset, should be a lot faster but a lot less comfortable. 

27.5” / 650b set up





I also dragged out my 2nd set of 650b x 2" wheelset and re inflated the tyres and gave the wheels a clean. Not sure when I will use these again but might swap the tyres over onto my carbon DT Swiss wheelset for the summer as the tread pattern is no good for the winter / muddy conditions. 



Last week when I was in Sainsburys which is not very often! I had a look down the magazine isle and bought Issue 136 March 2023 edition - £6.45. Hopefully I will find some time to thumb through the articles and have a read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment