6 February 2023

A very cold but sunny ride from Consett to Parkhead / Crawleyside n back

 


The forecast was looking good so I was up and away early doors. I left Consett before sunrise and it was real nippy. The Garmin was dropping as I was climbing and it nearly reached minus -4 degrees. There was very little wind and the track was frozen all the way from Consett to Parkhead. Once on the open moor section the sun had come up and through which warmed me up nicely for the last long leg over the open moor. It was also lovely and quiet so no slowing down. On the return leg the sun was mainly in my eyes, not that I was complaining but as I descended it was like riding back into a freezer! There was a few out n about around Hownsgill / Consett way but I was nearly back to the van by then. All in 22 miles with 900ft of climbing and no mud for a change! Below are a few cold and sunny snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 































No comments:

Post a Comment