16 December 2022

Freezing cold but enjoyable spin along the line from Bishop to Broom Park n back

 


Back out again today on the frozen lands of Co Durham. The temperatures are still around zero and below all day every day and todays ride the Garmin dipped down to nearly minus -6 degrees. There is very little snow around Bishop Auckland but when I hit the outskirts of Willington the tracks were nearly white all the way through to Broom Park. More people out today and some crazy dogs jumping straight towards my front wheel for some reason. Hopefully we might get above freezing this weekend but not by much! I took the Creo e gravel today and had no problems. It was steady away with 650ft of climbing and three long sleeved top layers on! My lower half was nippy apart from my feet which were not too bad in my Northwave Artic xc boots and Endura MTR winter socks. Just remember to wiggle your toes every 15 mins or so to keep the blood circulating. 
A few sunny and shaded snaps below from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 












A little warmer when I got back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment