25 December 2022

Christmas Day - My Own TT circuit - wet and cold ride

 


I don't normally go out on my bike on Christmas day but this year Angus went to the Park Run at Herrington Park, Arran was sound a sleep in bed so thought I would drag the road Creo out for a spin. I was pumping up my tyres and the heavens opened, typical. It sort of dried up so I made a quick dash for it. As the roads should have been quiet I planned a loop in my head. I did not have a clue how far it was but wanted to get a 10 miler in. After the first lap it was just short of 5 miles but then the heavens opened again and the roads had another 1/4" of standing water on them. Half way around my second lap it stopped raining again so I got my head down and bashed on. It was a little short on distance so at the end so did a small loop to make it up to the 10 miles. In the photos below you can see the stats and a photo of my loop. 
Back in and I peeled all my soaking wet bike clothing off, hot shower and started the Christmas dinner. 
Angus managed a new Park Run pb so he was over the moon with that. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 



No comments:

Post a Comment