24 December 2022

Christmas Eve local spin down and around Durham & Maiden Castle.

 


Motivation has ben lacking recently to get back out on the bike with some real crap weather but the sun finally come back out for a couple of hours this morning so I made the most of it. I dragged out the Cube E mtb for a change to give my legs and lungs a rest! I waited until sunrise before slinging my leg over the saddle. There was an overnight frost again and with the near continuous rain yesterday and last night it was icy under tyre! On the plus side it was fairly quiet out on the tracks n trails apart from the Park run runners on the way back in. The ground was saturated with plenty cold muddy spray in places where is was not frozen. I enjoyed the ride and the sun defo made this mornings ride. I passed The Keep barbers where my cousin works and it was still very busy. All in just under 16 miles in 1hr 20 mins with 750ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride enjoy and hopefully more soon, I am off work now until Jan 3rd so hopefully manage a few more rides in between all the rain and wind forecasted. 















No comments:

Post a Comment