14 December 2022

Back out on the Trek Procaliber XC Hardtail in the snow & ice

 


Well the forecasters were right it has never gone above 1 degrees on a good day all week. Most of the time it has been well below zero. I picked this stretch of old railway line as it does not get much sun so the snow does not turn to sheet ice. With the overnight snow shower it was not too bad at all under tyre on the xc hardtail. The only hard part was biking into a 15+ mph freezing cold head wind all the way up from the Lambton worm towards Stanley. After 6 miles I decided to turn and head back down, not sure if I felt colder as I was doing more than double the speed I went up the line! The Garmin dropped to minus -4 degrees! Anyway on the plus side there was hardly a sole out so did not have to brake much which was a good thing. 
Below are a few snaps from the 12 miler with 500ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 















No comments:

Post a Comment