28 May 2022

Sunny local loop around Durham and a big over the bars for me

 


Well it was another beautiful morning so I was up and out on the Cube E mtb for a one of my local loops down to Durham, Over to Maiden Castle, Up the Trod then back around Durham then home via Frankland and The Sands. The wind was not as strong today so made it feel warmer but the Garmin never reached double figures. I had the biggest off for a good few years out the back of Sherburn road coming down the edge of the field. I think I was enjoying the speed too much and my front wheel drifted off into the ditch I and I went straight over bars into 3 ft of nettles! It fairly took the wind out of me and not too mention I was stinging from head to toe from the nettle bits. On the plus side I managed not to put any holes in my clothing and the bike was ok. It was a slow and steady ride back home from there. Enjoy a few snaps below. All in 14.5 miles in 1 hour 8 mins with 700ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 











No comments:

Post a Comment