15 May 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - Sunrace MX8 Cassette Black 11-42t 11 speed (CSMX8 EAY)

 

This cassette I have bought three times now and it is getting very hard to find in shops as stock is very hit n miss. The rrp has gone up and the discount is getting less due to stock availability. On the plus side I cannot fault the quality of the manufacture and they are not showing any real signs of wear on the teeth. This one has gone onto my road Creo DT Swiss deep section carbon wheelset. The red anodised body shows through the cassette and looks bling on the Creo as it has other red parts. The locking ring is also anodised red as well. One thing I have noted is that the black coating on the sprockets has started to wear on my 700c wheelset on the gravel bike. I knew it would but you cannot really notice it unless the cassette has been cleaned and is in direct sunlight. It has done just under 2000 miles so cannot grumble at that. 

RRP £94.99 and I paid £70 from Merlin Cycles inc 48hr p&p - Discount 26%

The last two I have paid £60 each previously from Merlin & Spa Cycles

Manufacturers' blurb - 
.EA1 11-51T
.EA5 11-50T
.EAZ 11-46T
.EAY 11-42T
.A7075 Largest Sprocket
.Alloy Spiders
.Alloy Lockring & Spacers
.O (Black Chrome) / X (Metallic Silver)
.Weight - 587g (A1) / 560g (A5) / 485g (AZ) / 419g (AY) / 412g (AX) / 419g [AY]
Full spec sheet HERE














No comments:

Post a Comment