7 May 2022

Saturday morning road ride around Durham Villages and nipped over to Easington Lane / Hetton

 


Its finally the weekend and time for some miles. I was planning on doing a mainly off road loop but changed my mind as I was up early and thought the roads would have been quiet so took the road bike out for a local road loop. I did my Durham Villages loop with a trip over into the Sunderland district before coming back over into Co Durham. As I hoped the roads were lovely and quiet when I started the ride just after 6.30am. There was overnight rain but the roads were drying up nicely. The temperature was not to great but just got into double figures by the time I got home. On the plus side the wind has gone again. The bike was going well but at High Pittington I noticed Stans had been spraying out of my rear tyre and covered the back of the bike. I think its time for me to fit my new spare pair of tyres! All in 36.60 miles with 2300ft of climbing in 2hours 11 minutes = average speed of 16.7mph. 
Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 

















Once back home it was time for some man cave fettling on the bikes - 
Creo Gravel - adjusted the indexing on the rear mech. Oiled the chain and lubricated the cassette, rear mech and pedals. 
Creo Road - injected some more Stans in the front tyre. Cleaned and oiled the chain. Lubricated the cassette and rear mech. Washed the Stans off the bike from todays ride. Charged the battery, Garmin, camera battery, front and rear lights. 



No comments:

Post a Comment