22 May 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - Salomon Custer GTX (Goretex) Trainers

 


I have bought and used Salomon trainers before and found them very comfortable in everyday use. The only problem I had with my previous pair was the trail / offroad sole wore out very quickly but I did use them for tarmac a lot as well. The rubber compound must be soft for grip when off road and the uppers were still in near perfect condition when I put them in the bin. This time I opted for a Goretex version as they were in the sale and probably better for my outdoor use all year around. Again they are very comfortable and have not had any problems with rubbing, chaffing, blistering of my feet. They don't need breaking in from new, the lave system is a simple pull the chord and nip up the plastic part. Tuck the remaining chord under the loop at the bottom and you are ready to go. They never become loose during use. Sometimes if its really warm and my feet expand I have to loosen the lace system off a little. Off-road they have great grip but again I have started to see signs of wear on the tread. The rrp is about right for a Goretex lined trainer but as ever shop around and you will find a bargain somewhere. 

RRP £115.00 and I paid £69.00 from Wiggle inc 48hr p&p - Discount 40%

Manufacturers blurb - 

The Salomon CUSTER GTX are the perfect shoes for both occasional tourism and experienced travellers. They feature the Gore-Tex waterproof membrane, Quicklace lacing and the Sensifit system for improved support. Put simply, you will be ready to face any challenge in these shoes.

  • great outdoor shoes
  • breathable and waterproof GORE-TEX® membrane keeps your feet perfectly dry
  • Quicklace™ lacing system
  • Sensifit system for improved support
  • highly durable Contagrip® MD outsole with a pattern that provides grip for all types of surfaces
  • easy to put on and take off
  • OrthoLite® insole
  • toe protection
  • mud and dirt protection

Specifications

Product code2252045747
Supplier codeL41231600
Uppersynthetic (water-repellent)
MidsoleEnergyCell, EVA foam
OutsoleContagrip® MD
MembraneGORE-TEX
Drop10 mm
Midsole height24 mm heel/ 14 mm toe
Water resistanceyes
Weight13.76 oz (6.247 kg)
TechnologyQuicklaceGORE-TEX®Sensifit Overlap ConstructionEVAOrthoLite®CONTAGRIP® MDEnergyCell
















No comments:

Post a Comment