27 May 2022

A very windy but sunny local mainly gravel loop

 


Firstly apologies for the lack of blogs this week but I have been mega busy at work and no time for any cycling. We did have a walk around Durham city centre last night and had our tea from Bells - cod n chips take away £9 a pop! 
The weather has been a very mixed bag and the gale force winds have been back again for the last three days but I had to get out today to spin my legs. I had my leg slung over the saddle by 6am pedalling away into a 30+mph headwind. It felt freezing cold and I was back to three layers on the top and my 3/4 bib longs. The Garmin was hovering around 7 to 8 degrees to start with but increased to 10 degrees on the way back. The tracks, trails and lines were lovely and quiet first thing before the dog walkers started coming out. Just one of my usual loops and the lines have dried back out again with the sun and wind. Still damp in the wooded singletrack sections. 
All in 30 miles on the nose with 1500ft of climbing. A few photos below from the loop, enjoy and hopefully more soon and the wind does one! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment