13 October 2021

Greasing Ritchey mtb spd pedals and fitting / charging Lupine Betty 7 light

 


Its that time of year again where I re grease all my Ritchey spd pedals. It is simple enough, untighten the end cap bolt with a 6mm allen key, note from memory one of the threads is the opposite direction. Squirt some fresh grease into the pedal body / axle and some in the end cap and then screw the cap back into the body, just don't over tighten the cap. The old grease will flush through and out the seal at the crank end of the pedal axle. Wipe away the old grease and the excess clean grease from the cap end and that will be ready for the winter months. I will regrease them again in the Spring time. 






I also fitted my Lupine Betty 7 (1850 lumens) front light onto my e mtb and gave it a charge up with my Lupine Charger One. I took the battery out of the Lupine holder case and put it into my top tube bag. I also fitted a rear Smart light to the seat post. That will be them now on the bike until spring time comes back around again. 








I also have another two Lupine lights which are older but still working a treat. My Tesla 5 with 800 lumens which I use on my road bike on dark rides. I will do another blog on these lights in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment