12 October 2021

A dark but warm and windy local loop to Durham / Maiden Castle n back on the mtb

 


I was awake early this morning so I decided to go for a spin out on the e mtb as I now have my lights fitted and charged up. I was up and out for 6.30am and it was dark! I did my normal loop down to Durham, over to Maiden Castle and did the loop through Houghall woods today. The woods are bone dry and hard under tyre. There was no sunrise today as it was overcast and cloudy but warm'sih 10 degrees. There was also very few people out and about compared to the other morning when I did a similar route. Once around the river banks at Maiden Castle it was up The Trod, back around Durham before heading home via Frankland, The Sands and The Carrs. 
All in just over 17 miles in 1hr 27 mins with 900ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 
















No comments:

Post a Comment