20 October 2021

Another early morning gravel ride - Specialized Romin Evo with mirror saddle test

 


After yesterdays near 12 hours of solid rain the forecast was dry up to 11am this morning so I was up and out early again in the dark to start an out n back ride along the old railway line to Whitehall car park on the Waskerley Way. There was not a sole out first thing in the pitch black so I had the tracks to myself. Once daylight come through there was a few coming out n about with their dogs etc. It was not that warm to start with and the Garmin dipping to below 4 degrees but it felt warmer as I was climbing up to Cosnett. The lines were in a pretty good state considering the amount of rain we had yesterday. 
Today was the first ride on the Specialized S-Works Romin Evo with mirror saddle. Straight from the start it felt comfortable, very comfortable, even more comfortable than the Power model I have. The Romin is a more traditional shaped saddle which I have used all the cycling life so that could have made a difference. Again you cannot slide around on the saddle too much due to the grippy surface but after 2 hours my rear end was not sore and no chaffing / rubbing. I will report back more when I have a few more rides  / hours under my bum.  
As you can see by the photos below I got to see the sunrise this morning, not a very beautiful one but better than none. All in just over 28 miles in 2hrs 7 mins and climbed 1100ft. A few snaps below from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 


















No comments:

Post a Comment