31 October 2021

Clocks change - lighter morning Durham ride - just beating the rain

 


Due to the clock / time change last night and me not getting out until a little bit later I only needed my lights for the first 1/2 hour on full beam. Again I was chasing the forecasted rain. with BBC having rain forecasted all day but it was dry when I looked out the window first thing. Met had rain from 8am and they were spot on. My last two miles was quicker than my previous thirteen miles as it was spitting rain and get darker again. Also after yesterdays near continuous rain the tracks n trail were wet n muddy this morning. There was a few more people out n about this morning so had some dodging and weaving to do! On the plus side the wind has died down slightly but its getting colder with the Garmin hovering around 5 degrees. I swapped my helmet light bracket onto my winter helmet as I have now dug out my 45nrth merino hat to keep my head warm. I am also going to retire my road and mtb cycling shoes to the garage and dig out my winter road and mtb winter boots out. 
All in just under 15.50miles in 1hr 15 mins with just under 8000ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 



















No comments:

Post a Comment