1 June 2021

Some fettling on the DT Swiss disc pads and some bargain Fresh Goodies

 


After a couple of rides on the my "road" Spec Creo over the Bank Holiday weekend my new DT Swiss disc brake pads are wearing in nicely but I had noticed that there was a rattling noise coming from the front. The pads felt loose within the caliper so I removed the pads / spring and cleaned them down. I was going to prise the spreader clip further apart but then thought I would check it against the original Shimano ones that come out. As you can see on the photo below the gap between them is nearly double! that will explain why the pads felt loose. I refitted the pads with the Shimano spring spacer and repeated on the rear just in case. Hopefully that will solve the rattling noise. The disc pads feel a lot tighter in the caliper now. 





When we come home from Bishop last Saturday Jane shouts out do you fancy a look down to Black & Decker / Dewalt / Stanley Factory shop at Spenny! They shut at 12 midday so just nipped in, in the nick of time. Sometimes it is hit n miss to what they have in stock and at what price. Well it was not too bad for some smaller tools. I picked up a pair of Stanley Fatmax 215mm cutters for a fiver and a PZ 1 & PX 0 screwdrivers for a quid each! total bargain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment